Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Awards and honors in B2B media

I missed a few things of interest while I was away last week.
1.) There was more acquisitions news, as my friends David Shaw and Paul Woodward reported.
2.) Trade association American Business Media announced the winners of its B2B advertising awards. (I had been looking forward to actually seeing the winners, but no one yet has seemed to think of putting the ads on the Creative Excellence in Business Advertising Web site or linking to them from the ABM press release.)
3.) And, most interesting to me, Folio announced its Dream Team of the best minds in magazine publishing.
Remarkably, I didn't make the list. But I'm sure that's only because Folio didn't have a category for best-looking consultant. But I'm not going to complain, because Folio did agree with my nomination for best editor-in-chief in B2B publishing -- Whitney Sielaff of National Jeweler. Longtime readers of this blog know I'm a fan of Whitney's work and an admirer of his career. The Dream Team honor is well deserved.

tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment