Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Transparency in the B2B media business model

A few months ago I wrote about Education Week's plan to revamp its business model.
I'm glad to hear that things are going well, and I'm even happier to see that Education Week is being transparent about its progress.
Check out this piece on API's site in which a producer from the Education Week site fills us in on some of the details.
I'm sure that many folks on the business side of publishing find such disclosures inappropriate -- even when the news is good.
But I expect to see more of this sort of thing.
The citizen-journalism movement is forcing editorial to be more transparent about how it does its job. And that new spirit of openness is spreading to marketing, advertising and beyond the media world.
Don't believe me? Look at this story about a guy who has the courage to blog about the failure of his business.

tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment