Tuesday, May 09, 2006

ABM newsletter makes poor choice for name

The American Business Media trade association, which is hosting its annual Spring meeting in Arizona this week, says it's launching a monthly email newsletter covering the trade show and events industry.

That's a nice idea. And I may subscribe. But I can't help but be disappointed to see ABM is calling the new publication the "Face-to-Face Report." It seems to me that someone should have thought of a name that wasn't so close to "Face2Face," the blog about the trade show and meetings industry run by Sue Pelletier, an editor with ABM member Prism media. If I were Sue, or someone at Prism who writes the checks to ABM, I'd be livid.

But never mind. I don't want to talk about that anymore. Instead I want to take a moment to introduce my new trade association, American Business Mediums, or ABM for short. We represent the interests of psychics who work in the B2B press. ABM is holding its Spring meeting this week at the Coney Island resort here in Brooklyn. But members are predicting a light turnout.

tags: , , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 09, 2006

    Thanks, Paul. This was news to us, and we're glad to be made aware of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff,
    I "sensed" your disappointment with the food predictions even before you posted your comment.
    I apologize.
    Next year's meeting will be better. I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 16, 2006

    They do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I'd say I'd be flattered--if ABM even knew about face2face, which I'm sure it didn't. It sounds like an interesting newsletter. It's also an indication of how important events are becoming to the B2B media world, which can only be good news for our magazines (which cover meeting planning in various market niches)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,
    You are so much more gracious than I.
    I will disagree with only one point -- I'm sure that ABM is aware of your blog. They must be. You're doing great work, and you're paving all new ground in your space and in all of B2B.

    ReplyDelete