Thursday, May 24, 2007

The best and brightest among us

I've been too busy to post much to this blog this week. But I'm going to take a second or so now to offer my congratulations to some of my favorite new-media journalists for winning grants from the Knight Foundation.
First and foremost among the winners is Adrian Holovaty, who picked up $1 million. After winning the award, Adrian quit the Washington Post and announced that he's starting a business. I've been saying for a very long time that Adrian, programmer/journalist and creator of ChicagoCrime.org, is among the smartest people working in our field. I'm glad that the Knight Foundation agrees.
Also among the winners are Amy Gahran and Jay Rosen. Longtime readers of this blog know that I've been urging journalists to follow their work for a long time.
No one understands the future of journalism -- and what those of us in the trenches must do to succeed -- better than these three.

Click here to see the entire list of winners.

tags: , , , , , , , journalism education

1 comment: